|Podcasts||Community||Create a Podcast|
The Ally and Joanna Show
Set your inner Angela Chase free.
The Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 50
August 02, 2012 10:51 AM PDT
It's the Ally and Joanna Show's one-year anniversary! And what a crazy year it has been! Here is what is in store this week.
1. Do You Have Olympics Fever? - Because Ally and Joanna do!
2. Best Films of 2012... So Far - Beasts of the Southern Wild, The Avengers, Friends With Kids, Brave and plenty more movies make the cut.
3. Episode 50 and Beyonddd! - Ally and Joanna are going on a seven-week vacation. (Gasp!) But never fear! The podcast will be back in September.
We hope you have enjoyed the podcast! Thank you for listening, especially if you have tuned in for all 50 episodes!The Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 49
July 27, 2012 03:00 AM PDT
Welcome to the most inane episode of the podcast to date. Are there even topics this week? You tell us.
1. Ally and Joanna Discuss The Dark Knight Rises - Well, not really. Because Joanna hasn't seen it yet.
2. And The Nominees Are... - The highs and lows of 2012 Emmy nominations.
3. Pop Culture Minute - We're tardy to the party but Kathy Griffin's talk show is awesome.The Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 48
July 20, 2012 08:51 AM PDT
This week, Ally and Joanna hate everything, especially the media and blogs. Don't worry Sorkin. We got your back.
1. Hunger Games Alert! - Ally and Joanna fangirl about the recent Hunger Games' casting choices.
2. Ally and Joanna Discuss Political Animals - And why they hate it.
3. Defending The Newsroom - What is a new HBO show without controversy these days?
4. Pop Culture Minute - Leave Suri Cruise alone.The Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 47
July 13, 2012 05:50 AM PDT
Life is hectic right now for Ally and Joanna. Fortunately thoughts of Anthony Mackie and Idris Elba starring in Magic Mike 2 keep them calm at night.
1. Ally and Joanna Discuss To Rome With Love - Woody Allen's latest is a combination of good, bad, and meh.
2. To Joke or Not To Joke? - That is the question.
3. Magic Mike 2 - Ally and Joanna map out the greatest sequel of all-time.
4. Pop Culture Minute - How to the 50 Shade of Grey movie... not detestable.The Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 46
July 06, 2012 06:12 AM PDT
This week's podcast will help you recover from your July 4th festivities and from TomKat's divorce saga.
1. Scientology Rocks! - All about America's favorite cult. Um, religion.
2. Ally and Joanna Discuss Magic Mike - Aka Oglefest 2012.
3. Pop Culture Minute - Jena Malone is officially Johanna Mason in The Hunger Games trilogy. Barf.The Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 45
June 28, 2012 06:31 PM PDT
This week's podcast is all about the Spice Girls, Brave, Aaron Sorkin, Nora Ephron, and more. Take a listen!
1. To Nora Ephron - Thanks for letting us have what you were having.
2. Ally and Joanna Discuss Brave - Pixar's first female character has been getting a lot of slack.
3. About The Newsroom - The new Aaron Sorkin show is very Aaron Sorkin.
4. Pop Culture Minute - Dear Hunger Games casting directors, Jena Malone is not Johanna MasonThe Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 44
June 22, 2012 04:35 AM PDT
What happens when Ally and Joanna are in the same room during their weekly recording session? Magic. That's what happens.
1. Ally and Joanna Discuss Rock of Ages - Not every movie should be taken seriously.
2. Shonda vs Amy - A "feud" between two showrunners causes many headaches.
3. We're In The Money - A look at Hollywood's highest paid actresses.
4. Pop Culture Minute - Jennifer Westfeldt is more than just "Jon Hamm's girfriend".The Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 43
June 15, 2012 05:23 AM PDT
Ally and Joanna can't solve this mystery: who is Laverne and who is Shirley? Also on this podcast, Prometheus, Mad Men and more.
1. Should Joanna See Prometheus? - Ally tries to convince her.
2. Mad Men Season Recap - The highlights of season 5 and where Don Draper goes from here.
3. Best and Worst TV Dads - Mike Brady, Phil Dunphy, Frank Gallagher. They all make the list.
4. Pop Culture Minute - A rant about Shonda Rhimes.The Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 42
June 08, 2012 05:41 AM PDT
This podcast is for all of the complainers out there. Why so serious? Does Lilo as Liz got you down? Are you mad at KStew? Well, lighten up and watch Bunheads.
1. ABC Family Summer Preview - A quick chat about Pretty Little Liars and Jane By Design. Plus, a Bunheads preview!
2. Why Is Kristen Stewart Disliked? - This week everyone hates KStew.
3. True Blood Time! - Ally's so psyched for season 5 she could suck Joanna's blood. (Gross.)
4. Pop Culture Minute - The MTV Movie Awards exist. Deal with it.The Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 41
June 01, 2012 06:25 AM PDT
A feud has erupted between Ally and Joanna. They are shooting each other, Hatfield and McCoy style. The only way to end the fighting is by singing songs from Les Mis. Also on this week's show, angry Justin Bieber, Men In Black III, and more.
1. Hatfields and McCoys - Ally and Joanna discuss the History Channel's record-breaking miniseries.
2. Where Are The Bankable Stars? - Hollywood can't depend one actor to sell a movie these days.
3. Movies We Irrationally Hate - After judging the previews, The Bling Ring and Les Mis will be awful.
4. Pop Culture Minute - Charlize Theron is a badass.The Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 40
May 25, 2012 06:04 AM PDT
This week's podcast is all about SNL, our love for Jackie Chan and Dawson's Creek, and upcoming summer movies. There is also a Lohan Watch Update because a Lohan without a leading man is a tragedy.
1. Goodbye Ruby Tuesday Kristen Wiig left SNL last week. Where does Wiig and the show go from here?
2. Nostalgia Fest - Ally and Joanna have a serious case of nostalgia.
3. 2012 Summer Movie Preview - The Dark Knight Rises, Prometheus and The Expendables are just some of the movies we are looking forward to.
4. Pop Culture Minute - Why can't Glee stay in high school?The Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 39
May 18, 2012 03:22 AM PDT
This episode of the Ally and Joanna Show features a Lohan Watch update, some complaints about Dark Shadows, and plenty of Degrassi references. Therefore, it is magical.
1. The L.A. Complex - Manny Santos has left Canada for Los Angeles and it's wonderful.
2. Ally and Joanna Discuss Dark Shadows - About the latest Tim Burton-Johnny Depp collaboration.
3. Death by Reality Competition Shows - Why X Factor, The Voice, American Idol and company are ruining television.
4. Pop Culture Minute - What you should know about the Cannes Film FestivalThe Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 38
May 11, 2012 05:53 AM PDT
This week's Ally and Joanna Show is comin' at you like the Incredible Hulk. Smash!
1. Ally and Joanna Discuss The Avengers - Were you the only person who didn't see The Avengers last weekend? You should do something about that asap.
2. Season Finale Blitz - Here are the season finales we are looking forward to.
3. Pop Culture Minute - If you don't like Girls by now, just stop talking about it.The Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 37
May 04, 2012 06:23 AM PDT
This week, Ally and Joanna discuss why The Five-Year Engagement was mostly terrible. Fortunately, Roger Sterling saves the day by joining the Baby-sitters Club.
1. Ally and Joanna Review The Five-Year Engagement - It wasn't pleasant.
2. Fandom Wars - We sound off on wonderfully ridiculous fandoms.
3. Roger Sterling's Babysitting Club - What would happen if Roger joined Kristy and the gang to watch some of TV's favorite kids?
4. Pop Culture Minute - It's time for Ashton Kutcher to go away.The Ally and Joanna Show - Episode 36
April 27, 2012 05:44 AM PDT
Ally and Joanna discuss The Client List, Damsels in Distress and... the NFL Draft? That's because this is a podcast dedicated to extras and happy endings.
1. MTV Movie Awards' Facelift - The awards show wants to stop sucking.
2. Ally and Joanna Review Damsels in Distress - Welcome back, Whit Stillman. And welcome back Seth Cohen.
3. Guilty Pleasure Alert: The Client List - Why J. Love's new Lifetime show is a-mah-zing.
4. Pop Culture Minute - We're calling you out, Sports Center.
Ally and Joanna are two twenty-something pop culture fanatics. Each week, they talk about everything from Lady Gaga and Ryan Gosling's abs to Cary Grant and Lisa Turtle. They try to stay on topic.
Ally and joanna's Friends
Subscribe to this Podcast